[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enjoying Belle so far

WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
Vindictus Rep: 1,380
edited October 30, 2019 in General Discussion
Cute design, best armors, and straightforward 3-combo kit with no weird/bad/bloat mechanics (like Lynn/Delia...basically everyone has skill/mechanic bloat tbh)
Exactly what I wanted, finally. A female heavy hitter with no gimmicks attached. Just wind up and smash enemy to death. (Delia would have been perfect, but she had bloat mechanics like Vigor and uhh...nope).
Belle may finally be the class that keeps me in the game for more than a month. Both aesthetically and gameplay wise, she is the best you have designed. Though I swear her voice is slightly different than the Korean version which is odd...I thought Nexon was done dubbing over the chars for no reason but whatever. She practically sounds exactly the same so I don't get it, waste of resources imo.

Overall: Goodjob, and KISS. (Keep it Simple, Stupid).

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Regarding the voice: You're right and it's because her voice is done by an english voice actress instead of the korean. Since the upcoming update with the relationship system will feature voiced lines by the characters, it would be weird to have different sounding voices in battle and in town. There might be an overhaul of all the voices incoming because of that, though I can't say for certain.
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    Nice you enjoying her, but is she just really bad with basically no defense options or am I missing something?
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Innoy wrote: »
    Nice you enjoying her, but is she just really bad with basically no defense options or am I missing something?

Her iframes are extremely long and responsive, I'm finding it quite easy to survive with her actually.. but that may be just because I main fiona and playing fifi will force you to learn all the boss mechanics by instinct so yeah, just give me a dodge skill and I'l live......
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Regarding the voice: You're right and it's because her voice is done by an english voice actress instead of the korean. Since the upcoming update with the relationship system will feature voiced lines by the characters, it would be weird to have different sounding voices in battle and in town. There might be an overhaul of all the voices incoming because of that, though I can't say for certain.

Thats interesting......well, as long as they do a good job, I won't mind them dubbing all the characters. Fifi's english voice over sounds horrible and I can't mod it out anymore because they killed the voice packs. I was surprised Belle sounded so close to the original I couldn't tell for like the first 30 minutes of playing her.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    5iandh wrote: »
    wait relationship update? explain ?

Basically, in the upper floor of the mercenary outpost (that is closed for us right now), the other player characters will stay as NPCs and you can talk to them to find out more about them and raise your relationship level with them. Apparently there are also dungeons you can do with an NPC but I'm actually not quite sure what the point of it all is, because I haven't looked into it too much.
  • GengurGengur
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I enjoyed her for the first two days but in comparison to the other new characters they released this year like Miri, Eira and Grimden, she seems clunky and outdated. Like they took the rejected attacks of Lynn and Delia and smushed them together.
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    edited November 4, 2019
    Gengur wrote: »
    I enjoyed her for the first two days but in comparison to the other new characters they released this year like Miri, Eira and Grimden, she seems clunky and outdated. Like they took the rejected attacks of Lynn and Delia and smushed them together.

I'd have to strongly disagree. Clunky would be the last word I would use to describe her. Imo she is easily one of the most fluid chars they have made, her abilities are extremely responsive and there is little/no root frames in between combos. She is basically a superior Delia in every way.

I would consider Lynn one of the most clunky classes in this game. Glaive is basically useless, lets be real (unless you like being extraordinarily inefficient for no reason, I guess). Umbrella has this odd "attack delay" that makes getting into any flow state impossible during combat. It also has far too many root frames to the point of being rage inducing, it has gotten me killed many times. Personally, I don't get why the hell people even want to use this thing...yikes. I mean the animations are pretty, but everything else is cancer. Both of her weapons are far too bloated for no reason.
    Keep in mind this is just my experience and opinion, of course. Some people enjoy having all the bells and whistles to play around with, whatever floats your boat, it totally doesn't float mine.

My philosophy in gaming is efficiency through simplicity, and Belle basically personifies this. She gets straight to the point; nuking the boss as fast as possible, Period. I can focus on fighting the boss instead of fighting my character's mechanics. Belle's kit preforms excellently in the S3 environment, especially with how cancer the S3 bosses tend to be.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    I wouldn't call her clunky, her attacks and dodge are pretty fluid, but to me personally she plays a bit worse than Delia. When playing Delia you don't really have too much stuff to worry about except her two buffs that are fairy easily maintained through normal gameplay and in terms of survival, you have a generous dodge, a block (which you can chain together for combos) and the extra attack after her big smashes (forgot the name atm).
    Belle on the other hand relies mainly on her dodge since Deforestation requires 5 stacks of Nature's Might. If you used it just before getting caught in a boss' big combo, your chances of getting out of that without getting hit are not very high. You could argue that you should keep the stacks for those moments, but Deforestation and Landslide count for her hardest hitting skills and it would be fairly inefficient to not use it whenever you get the chance.

Maybe this gets better with higher attack speed, but I can't say since I'm only using one of the +7 rental weapons right now. This is just how it feels to me at the moment.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    Well, since the Belle discussion subsection is pretty much dead, I am putting my opinions here.

My Belle is at level 71.

Complaining first, I don't understand why Belle cannot grab the enemies.
    The grab-kill is always fun and I don't understand why they remove it?

As a heavy weapon user, Belle's attack moves are slow.
    It's not a big issue for an experienced player who knows how to time her attacks.
    Yet at the beginning, I feel it's strange there is no counter skill for this kind of character.

But the dodging with double dashing is quite nice.
    It's like Evie hopping away with a following-up right-click.
    The distance of emergency escape from enemy-attack is satisfying.

Also, you might have already noticed Belle has the fastest running speed with <shift+w>+<holding right mouse key>.
    And it doesn't consume stamina!!!

Summary. Belle is a agile character that runs/dodges fast, but swing her battle axe slowly yet powerfully.
    Just keep clicking Left-Left-Right, and adding other random moves in between.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    PlayerOOOl wrote: »
    Yet at the beginning, I feel it's strange there is no counter skill for this kind of character.

Deforestation and Landslide are her counter moves with absorb frames.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited November 4, 2019
    Overall, I'd say I'm pleased with her. Was able to solo (raids included) all the way up to Rupa before I had to get a party together. Did solo and party play in redeemer raids with her, and here's what I've found.

Pros
    • Cute AF.
    • Easy to pick up.
    • Her combos are overly simplistic and being that I main a spear lann, it's nice to see another character with a simple toolkit.
    • Even in 1-2 bar boats where there's lag, her dodge and absorb frames are still very generous.
    • Her attacks feel weighty and really feel like they pack a punch when they land.
    • Her whipping wind active guarantees a flinch is very much appreciated.
    • Her Volcanic Blast active has true iframes which is nice for avoiding sticky situations.
    • Being able to combo from her first smash into her third normal is nice.
    • Combo'ing for nearly constant deforestations is easy. (Dodge-LRLRR-Dodge-Deforestation / Dodge-LLRR-Dodge-LR Deforestation)
    • Multiple options to refill stamina.
    • Feels very balanced compared to other characters. (IIRC she was smack dab in the middle of the dps ranking by Ven)

Cons
    • Her attacks are slow so careful timing, positioning, and knowledge of boss patterns is required.
    • Sometimes, boss attacks seem to still break through deforestation's absorb frames. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong).
    • There seems to be a small window of vulnerability between deforestation and landslide's absorb frames. (This makes absorbing lengthy boss combos risky).
    • Lack of variety in skill awakening options. Would have liked to see SP reduction on Landslide & Major Cooldown on Whipping Wind/Volcanic Blast.

This is pretty much everything I can think of.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Probably has the best inv space dodge in the game. Gameplay is fairly smooth although slow where you need to wind it back until you can use your tab skill. Deforestation acting like a supercancel out of your normal combos somewhat remedy the issue although you still need to get 5 stacks in first. Character is pretty easy to pick up and forgiving as I was able to get 40 golds from Einlacher in around 2 hours. Leveling was also not too much of a chore due to her insane running speed from holding down R.

My main complaints are the lack of variety and depths to her gameplay as she essentially rotates between two main smashes for damage and stam recovery to build stacks and spam deforestation. There is also a lack of an incentive to save deforestation to absorb an attack for the boost as the additional damage you get isn't significant enough (~30% dmg increase on the smash you absorb provided you don't absorb the hit after the smash already connected). You are better off just dumping it as soon as you gain 5 stacks which is a shame.
  • NahNahBeatsNahNahBeats
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    WhiteYukii wrote: »
    Gengur wrote: »

I'd have to strongly disagree. Clunky would be the last word I would use to describe her. Imo she is easily one of the most fluid chars they have made, her abilities are extremely responsive and there is little/no root frames in between combos. She is basically a superior Delia in every way.

I would consider Lynn one of the most clunky classes in this game. Glaive is basically useless, lets be real (unless you like being extraordinarily inefficient for no reason, I guess). Umbrella has this odd "attack delay" that makes getting into any flow state impossible during combat. It also has far too many root frames to the point of being rage inducing, it has gotten me killed many times. Personally, I don't get why the hell people even want to use this thing...yikes. I mean the animations are pretty, but everything else is cancer. Both of her weapons are far too bloated for no reason.
    Keep in mind this is just my experience and opinion, of course. Some people enjoy having all the bells and whistles to play around with, whatever floats your boat, it totally doesn't float mine.

My philosophy in gaming is efficiency through simplicity, and Belle basically personifies this. She gets straight to the point; nuking the boss as fast as possible, Period. I can focus on fighting the boss instead of fighting my character's mechanics. Belle's kit preforms excellently in the S3 environment, especially with how cancer the S3 bosses tend to be.

For context, I'm a returning player back when season 2 (level 80) was the cap. I came back yesterday and grinded a new Belle to 96. I actually felt that she was a glorified Hurk and wanted to switch to Delia because her kit seemed way more fun (more movement and seemingly superior animations). However, hearing your opinions I realized that I took Belle's simple kit for granted and did not acknowledge how smooth it was or how well the iframes worked. I'm now leaning towards keeping my Belle but to help push me off the edge, what are the cons to Delia's seemingly more fun kit? I have never played delia before so I don't know her mechanics besides that she has block.