[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bots?

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    I make gold by selling stuff at high prices to impatient rich people.
    Then when an item is stocked up cheap by a bot, I buy and stock up.

For example there's a period where bots didn't sell steel, so I sell steel at over 5m each. Then when the bots flood steel at 3.8m I buy. Easy money.
    Eiri
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Just wondering how is it easy money when you can't resell steel? Everyone sells high when they can (IE when there aren't bots). At this point there isn't really anything the bots sell that I can even recraft to sell as something else to make money...
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited February 23, 2019
    I hold onto the steel that I get as a drop or OS, which is actually a lot even though I do the bare minimum to get top 100. Sell those. Try not to use any tradable ones. Patience is key.

Most people seem to sell right away.

It's not just steel, that's just an example, can be done to scrolls too (hint perpetual scrolls are very cheap at the right time)
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited February 23, 2019
    Again I think you are mixing stuff. This isn't the stock market. What you buy can't be resold. I guess stocking up is good (till they release content that makes all the stuff you stocked up worthless, says someone with quite a few old mem es sitting around ;-). But basically you are just saying you only use bound stuff and sell unbound stuff when the price is right... I think many many people work that way.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    edited February 23, 2019
    Please explain this to me. How are players worse off with items both selling for and costing less? If the items sell for less, yes, they earn less total gold, but if the other items they actually need to buy also cost less that's less gold they have to spend.

In your very narrow example of selling for less and able to buy it for less was true in all aspects it wouldn't be a problem. But this is not true for what is actually happening.

What are the purpose of bots? Well its to sell the gold they make to gold-buyers. What do gold-buyers buy? The high value items. What does this mean?

The ratio of the low costing items to the high costing items are larger because of bots. Which is why I say its harming the newer players because they only can farm the low costing items reliably while stuff like outfits are out of their reach completely.

The price of all enhanced gear dropped for quite a while with the game being slightly more active, mats costing less, and more people crafting and enhancing/enchanting gear. Mats were less, scrolls were less, premade gear was less, and the inflation was less effective in allowing for price gouging.

It could be the bots doing this but it is more likely because of an event that we had allowing people to make higher enhanced items easier. (Safeguard no longer giving -1 enhancement during the event period)

Or it could have been the release of a new gear tier with level uncap and new content :thinking:

Players don't need to make crazy amounts of money off of every drop if mp prices for what they're trying to buy in the long run aren't crazy high. I don't know why that's so hard to get. High prices are a huge negative for new and returning players without a stockpile of gold.

And this sums up my point. With bots right now players need to luck out getting a high value item because of how little the lower tier items the bots farm cost (Heavenly Leather, Ores) in ratio to the higher end (Rare Scrolls, Dulla ess, Gachas).

Bots are harming the newer players in getting them to end game.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    edited February 23, 2019
    @ikevi Yeah I can see where you are coming from. OS is only really worth running if you have the x2 seal pot ticking, Win rate actually doesn't affect seal gain too badly but if mob kills are low it hurts the gain quite a bit. The only thing that would help is to find a group of like-minded people to farm with you.

I like recommending OS because its 100% progress and you know you are making money while other runs its a chance to get a drop to make money. I myself don't get as much steel from raids to the amount I do in OS.

Also look forward to the future update in OS where seal gain is increased once again to players that perform well. (56+ seals for a lost)
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Please explain this to me. How are players worse off with items both selling for and costing less? If the items sell for less, yes, they earn less total gold, but if the other items they actually need to buy also cost less that's less gold they have to spend.

This doesn't necessary mean profit.

A - item you are selling
    B - item you want to buy
    p1(A), p1(B) - prices without bots
    p2(A), p2(B) - prices with bots, p1(i)>p2(i), i=A,B
    you need p2(A)-p2(B)>p1(A)-p1(B) or p2(A)-p1(A)>p2(B)-p1(B) to say "yay" to bots
    no one can guarntee to you that the inequality will be true for any given items
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Venerator wrote: »

The ratio of the low costing items to the high costing items are larger because of bots. Which is why I say its harming the newer players because they only can farm the low costing items reliably while stuff like outfits are out of their reach completely.

One, outfits aren't a necessity. Two, outfit prices stay high because it's mostly whales buying and selling them, the same people I've been mentioning as controlling and gouging prices from the start. Casual players have been run off more and more over time, and so we don't have lots of people spending medium to small amounts of money and selling NX items. There's a very small concentration of wealthy players selling the outfitters and controlling the prices.

Even with that fact, the other thing keeping prices high is impatience. If people would wait to buy instead of snatching things off the MP because they need it the day it comes out they could encourage prices to go lower, but that doesn't happen.

Lastly, aside from outfits, there's really nothing that's insanely priced while the bots are around or while the population is good. Lots of mats means that it's much cheaper to buy mats and YOLO. Geared players get bored, they enhance and enchant gear, and then flip it. Lower prices mean more people doing that. More sellers means lower prices, especially if demand drops. More bots also means the mats for enhancing to get CF are less expensive, which means pre-enhanced accessories cost even less.

Yes, the events help that happen even more so because of the increased availability of runes, no denying that, but runes only matter if there are mats to buy and make gear to begin with, and the bots allow that to happen and happen cheaply. Until the game gets a steady population again--which it won't as long as Nexon continues as they have been--the bots are the only thing keeping prices anywhere in the range of sanity. As soon as bot items disappear off the MP due to a reset, etc., prices double or more. Smooth Chunks are back to the 20m range, and all the chunks are well over 10m because the bots are focused on 100 Ore/Essences. It's also easy to see where to make money if that's your goal and what to take advantage of to come out ahead. Buy low/sell high may not work exactly as the stock market in Vindi, but it's still relevant.

Shrewd players can still make stupid amounts of money, and new players are better able to afford end game items. Nexon created this issue by not controlling gold buying years ago. Now it's become a necessity like it or not. Only already geared players benefit from a low population, no bot situation.
  • ChemicalDerpChemicalDerp
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    its the reason why the economy is so fked