[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Macha Bug (iframes being ignored)

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited December 12, 2018 in Bug Reporting
Macha can ignore and hit through the 10 second invincibility buff one receives while transforming.

As you can see in this video, I transform, gain the buff, but Macha still hits through it. I tested this on Dullahan as well, and he doesn't ignore the invincible buff, so it seems that this is isolated with Macha.

I'm not sure if this is character specific, or if it has anything to do with the fact that I skip the transformation cutscene with FI. I'll have to test tomorrow and see if she can hit you through the regular transformation cutscene as well. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Confirmed that even when transforming the normal way, she can still damage you. You are invincible during the cut-scene portion, but can still be hit during the 3-4 leftover seconds after the scene finishes.
Icygoddess

Comments

• FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    Yeah this can actually also happen at Dullahan and several other bosses actually. If you transform while being hit (Or right before) it can break through.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 16, 2018
    Furiel wrote: »
    Yeah this can actually also happen at Dullahan and several other bosses actually. If you transform while being hit (Or right before) it can break through.

I've experienced this phenomena before, but it's usually a rare occurrence. However, Macha hits me through the transformation invulnerability 100% of the time. I can transform away from her, wait a few seconds, then approach her with about five seconds of the invulnerability buff remaining and she'll still hit through it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a huge issue though, it's just mildly annoying.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    So you want them to fix inconvenient bug because the convenient bug isn't working? Logic....

As for Lynn there are no issues, with or without skip...

PS: I've seen a few Delias die in her ultimate/trans. (Maybe it got something to do with broken armor)

PSS: From Aes and up all bosses are more freezy, laggy, buggy and with that it's easy to just skip some buffs. I've been testin lags and it seems all new bosses got "semi-red" attack. Normally when you lag you can just dodge without dodging in lag (by pressing Y and N) but ya can't dodge red attacks this way. Also you can check if it does the same when you are solo or it's just laggy party problem.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 27, 2018
    Perhaps the bug has something to do with spear-Lann's Blood Pact ability.

Also, I'd say this bug is more than just inconvenient. The invulnerability is supposed to be a buff effect that protects you from dying outright, so if it hits through Trans, then it will probably hit through the revival buff as well as Reality Distortion and Berserker abilities (which defeats the purpose of these effects).
    Furiel wrote: »

In cases like these, it is usually due to lag or computer issues. I experience this quite often when trying to cheese an attack at the last second on my toasty laptop, and active abilities like hold skills get interrupted, go on cooldown and SP is wasted.

Also, unlike in other raids, trans will not save you from death when you fall off the edge in Abomination.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 30, 2018
    Vladino wrote: »
    So you want them to fix inconvenient bug because the convenient bug isn't working? Logic....

The logic seems pretty sound to me. It might seem selfish, but it's logical for me to want an inconvenient bug fixed because it interferes with a beneficial one.

Order5 wrote: »
    Perhaps the bug has something to do with spear-Lann's Blood Pact ability.

Blood Pact had nothing to do with it as I still got hit in the second clip despite not having blood pact.
  • CasurinCasurin
    Vindictus Rep: 690
    Well, i have noticed she can in fact ignore invul:
    "Reality Distortion" for example gives a few secs of invul that so far was able to block any Red attack. But now guess what happens when you use that with Macha? right - it blocks the damage but only for as long as you are invul. she might already be doing something else but as soon as the invul ends you take the hit.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited January 4, 2019
    Casurin wrote: »
    Well, i have noticed she can in fact ignore invul:
    "Reality Distortion" for example gives a few secs of invul that so far was able to block any Red attack. But now guess what happens when you use that with Macha? right - it blocks the damage but only for as long as you are invul. she might already be doing something else but as soon as the invul ends you take the hit.

So the damage is being delayed so to speak? It's being absorbed, and then dealt afterwards even though she might be off attacking someone else? Can you make a clip of that?