[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Balancing patch?

WitchHunterWitchHunter
Vindictus Rep: 400
in Future Content
I read on the general discussion that there is a new balancing patch in KR. Can anyone translate the patch notes on what they are doing?

Comments

• JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    So Lann learning gut sting prevents them from doing 0 smash but sword vellas are just ignored haha. very nice
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Jinyie wrote: »
    So Lann learning gut sting prevents them from doing 0 smash but sword vellas are just ignored haha. very nice
    Vella was unable to use 0 smash after learning Gust Sting since release, just until recently, where it was changed on purpose. The idea and request is years outdated though, so it's more disturbing than helpful nowdays.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Jinyie wrote: »
    Vella was unable to use 0 smash after learning Gust Sting since release, just until recently, where it was changed on purpose. The idea and request is years outdated though, so it's more disturbing than helpful nowdays.

I'm glad this whole zero smash debacle has no effect on me. I learned my lesson on Lann; not about to make the same mistake on Vella :)

IsGUxfL.png
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Can someone explain why leveling up gust sting = no smash?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

For Lann/Vella: When you press your smash key, you do what's called the Zero Smash. For Lann, it's a quick forward poke with a large hibox. For Vella, she stabs the ground directly in front of her. Upon learning Gust Sting, the ability to do your zero smash is taken away and instead you will perform gust sting. I personally didn't like this as I would often trigger it when I didn't want to and since its animation lasted a while, I would get hit as a result.

After the most recent balancing patch over here in NA, this was changed to re-allow Lann/Vella to perform their zero smash by quickly tapping the smash key. Gust Sting was changed so that it's triggered when the smash button is held.

It appears that with this new balancing patch in KR, Lann is having the above change reverted making him once again unable to perform his zero smash. It seems like Vella isn't affected though and will retain her ability to do her Zero Smash despite her learning Gust Sting.
    LoLoBootyJinyie
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I'm probably the only Sword Lann who benefits from Gust Sting since it helps to get a quick fury in so long as you crit nearly every hit xD
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

For Lann/Vella: When you press your smash key, you do what's called the Zero Smash. For Lann, it's a quick forward poke with a large hibox. For Vella, she stabs the ground directly in front of her. Upon learning Gust Sting, the ability to do your zero smash is taken away and instead you will perform gust sting. I personally didn't like this as I would often trigger it when I didn't want to and since its animation lasted a while, I would get hit as a result.

After the most recent balancing patch over here in NA, this was changed to re-allow Lann/Vella to perform their zero smash by quickly tapping the smash key. Gust Sting was changed so that it's triggered when the smash button is held.

It appears that with this new balancing patch in KR, Lann is having the above change reverted making him once again unable to perform his zero smash. It seems like Vella isn't affected though and will retain her ability to do her Zero Smash despite her learning Gust Sting.

Thanks for the explanation. I checked and even on my vella/lann alts I leveled up Gust Sting. :( Why does the reset capsule not revert a skill entirely
    2edgy4u
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    full charge gust sting on a group of mooks in a dungeon = never worry about thousand needles buff again
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Does anyone know when these are going live? Whip needs buffs asap.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Annaz wrote: »
    Does anyone know when these are going live? Whip needs buffs asap.

I'd guess that we'll get it alongside the guild mansion update. IE: Next update
    Annaz
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    The whip buffs aren't drastic from what I've read. Needed, but more a refinement than a major rework
  • ZarakiKenpachiZarakiKenpachi
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Seriously?!?! Nothing new on glaive lynn ? Disappointed .