[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

An idea for "dynamic"Enchantment from here forward

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited October 1, 2018 in General Discussion
One of (the few) positives that game from the RISE update (last time i played until now) was the change to the enchantment system. Re-organizing and classifying the scrolls, making Rank 8 no longer destroy gear, and changing how runes break and can be recombined were all great changes.

However, I think Nexon is about to let itself take a step back as it releases and continues to release Rank 6 scrolls and beyond.

While the changes were all good and necessary, in order to prevent another massive enchantment update in the future, a dynamic readjustment of scrolls in real time needs to occur. Here is what I mean:

As a new rank scroll is released that essentially replaces or is merely an enhanced version of a former scroll ( like the new rank 6 "soul" is simply an improved version of the rank 7 "echoing"), the former rank7 echoing should have it's breaking gear status removed. Additionally, the rank 8 equivalent or alternative to echoing should have it's binding removed (just like Rank A scrolls are now).

In other words, there should be a dynamic life cycle to scrolls where the most current rank scroll of a particular slot can both destroy and bind your equipment, one rank back should no longer destroy, and two ranks back should no longer destroy or bind. This is essentially what the RISE update did to enchantments AT THE TIME (rank 9's an exception) but as new scrolls come out this aspect of the enchantment system will slowly revert unless this change is made.

It will also allow for the older scrolls to retain some value and use, both of which are good for the game.

Thoughts?

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    While I agree they need to give older r7 scrolls a boost in viability in terms of economically (but they are already pretty cheap) the main issue is with enhancement for gear progression which they take a huge leap forward with the lv100 update to enhancing. It would be nice not to have to rune r7 out of fear of losing a high enhance equip but the new system will allow us effectively to scroll first then enhance meaning it can be viable to no rune scrolls on +0 equips and still build them up to +15.