[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Unauthorized program detected

LeRoiLeRoi
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
Has anyone else been getting this out of the blue since last week's Vindictus + Windows patches? I haven't changed any of the underlying programs on my computer and I've started getting this error every time I log into Vindictus, making the game literally unplayable for me. A few computer restarts hasn't resolved it and I'm afraid to keep trying things lest my account get banned :( Anyone also running into this?

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Yeah happened to me too, the worst of it is that the first 4 times it was just a "disconnected from server" message, only the 5th time it warned me that it was the hackshield finding something (and the message was only displayed half second). Just keep closing process until it works, managed to fix it, but now I'm afraid of this counting like 5 warnings instead of 1. Hope nobody gets banned from this, we have already low population.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I've got a detection after the maintenance as well, even though I started the game right after booting up the computer. I am afraid this crappy software will get us banned one day or night, as if the performance cost and potential spying it does wasn't enough.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited June 18, 2018
    This is why I disabled Windows 10's ability to update unless I decide to let it.
  • LavendaeweLavendaewe
    It's happening to me too, 3rd time today with-in an hour :/ and yesterday too. Started with disconnection and than got worse. AlthoughI'm confused because it has said in a window afterwards that nexon security failed to reset; And sometimes i just couldn't log in again until i reset my laptop :S.
  • LavendaeweLavendaewe
    Same here, started yesterday, although i had disconnections for quite some time with-in the last week or 2. Although yesterday was bad with disconnections and today is worse. Both days i had a hard time logging back in and 2-3 times i had to reset if i wanted to play :/. Although just than before i reset i had a window saying nexon security failed to reset which i only had since yesterday and today :S. Getting quite worried on what the heck is going on with nexon :/.