[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Adjustment

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited May 29, 2018 in Lann
So here's a link to the original page where this info is from. This is a rough translation thanks to google translate + some educated interpretation by myself. KR Patch Notes

I do not claim for this to be 100% accurate. Anything underlined is something I am not entirely sure about. Everything else though should be correct. Should any mistakes be made, I apologize and encourage you to reply with a correction so I can amend the post.

General
  • Range of normal attacks increased
  • Absolute fury debuff renamed to Emergency Fury.
  • Absolute Fury - Gliding Fury can still be used via sprint smash + normal. Costs 50 SP. Triggers an Emergency Fury cooldown of 15 seconds.
  • Enforced Glide - Gliding Fury can now be triggered after any smash regardless of whether or not the smash crits by tapping the grab key. Costs 70 SP. Causes a Emergency Fury cooldown of 10 seconds
  • Force Lightning - Lightning Fury can now be triggered after a non critting glide by pressing the grab key. Costs 50 Sp. Causes an Emergency Fury cooldown of 10 seconds.
  • If there is an Emergency Fury Cooldown in effect, Absolute Fury, Enforced Glide, and Force Lightning cannot be used. They all share the same cooldown skill.

Sword Changes
  • Gust Sting / Zero Smash change: By quickly tapping the smash button you can again use your basic zero smash skill. This means holding the button briefly triggers gust stinger now?
  • You can now perform a slip dash to cancel out of a Gust sting charge.
  • Rising Crescent: Reduce Stamina costs, but reduce SP gain.
  • Double Crescent: Improved attack range.
  • Pummel Storm: Reduce stamina cost.
  • Blade Tornado: Reduce Stamina Cost & you can now change direction during the attack.
  • Fanning Slash: Reduce Stamaina Cost, increase SP gain, and improve attack range.
  • Slip Dash: See notation at bottom of post

Spear changes
  • Belclaire: Can now be used freely even if there is a blood pact active.
  • Blood Pact: Duration increased to 2min, and the damage increased. Damage was decreased after test server, but whether it's back down to the original dmg increase or inbetween the old and new is unknown atm.
  • Spear Dash: Increase iframes.
  • Fury Infusion: Now has a brief cooldown if you activate it while moving. Change made to possibly correct a bug.

NOTE: Due to a possible mis-translation there were quite a few skills that state to have their "Advancing Width Increased." I'm not sure what this means, but the skills that have this adjustment are as follows.
Gliding Fury
Lightning Fury
Pummel Storm
Blade Tornado
Slip Dash
Nimble Dash
Spear Dash

Comments

• kls9kls9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,215
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    NOTE: Due to a possible mis-translation there were quite a few skills that state to have their "Advancing Width Increased." I'm not sure what this means, but the skills that have this adjustment are as follows.
    That's referring to movement/distance covered when using those skills.

• ThunderSinThunderSin
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    I am so hyped for the mobillity and range changes
  • GlidingFuryGlidingFury
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    The gliding fury changes are so **** bad. Holy ****. The whole scheme around gliding fury is the thrill and addiction of landing a crit, KNOWING that you're able to proc the next powerful move as gliding fury. If you have this 1 chance that has a huge cooldown, it serves no tactical or mechanical purpose. The cooldown is what ironically defeats its own purpose. Clearly, it looks like a skill that's meant to let users be able to proc a guaranteed fury, but if it's on a cooldown, that means it's unreliable in battle since in many situations you'll need gliding fury when you don't proc a crit, and then you have to worry whether it's appropriate for that situation. Next, you have to worry about constantly using it because if you don't, then you're wasting opportunity costs of free gliding furies, and then you have to keep the timer in your head which is another level of stress for dps. On the other hand, if you don't have a cooldown it becomes broken since you can just spam glidingfury. I don't know what the point of this skill does. If anything, all I can imagine it is being another dodge mechanic in situations where you need to gliding fury away from the boss but that in itself is another level of faulty mechanics. They should just let you proc infinitely number of furies as long as you get a crit, that's what would spice up lann's gameplay and make him extremely fun since his whole gameplay style is based around RNG.

The other changes regarding mobility and damage are a welcome change, these are long overdue. But that emergency crap...especially with something like 15 seconds...this completely contradicts the entire concept and excitement of gliding fury...
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    The other changes regarding mobility and damage are a welcome change, these are long overdue. But that emergency crap...especially with something like 15 seconds...this completely contradicts the entire concept and excitement of gliding fury...

10 Seconds if it's an Enforce Glide or Force Lightning though. Still better than the current 20 second cooldown.
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited June 23, 2018
    The gliding fury changes are so **** bad. Holy ****. The whole scheme around gliding fury is the thrill and addiction of landing a crit, KNOWING that you're able to proc the next powerful move as gliding fury. If you have this 1 chance that has a huge cooldown, it serves no tactical or mechanical purpose. The cooldown is what ironically defeats its own purpose. Clearly, it looks like a skill that's meant to let users be able to proc a guaranteed fury, but if it's on a cooldown, that means it's unreliable in battle since in many situations you'll need gliding fury when you don't proc a crit, and then you have to worry whether it's appropriate for that situation. Next, you have to worry about constantly using it because if you don't, then you're wasting opportunity costs of free gliding furies, and then you have to keep the timer in your head which is another level of stress for dps. On the other hand, if you don't have a cooldown it becomes broken since you can just spam glidingfury. I don't know what the point of this skill does. If anything, all I can imagine it is being another dodge mechanic in situations where you need to gliding fury away from the boss but that in itself is another level of faulty mechanics. They should just let you proc infinitely number of furies as long as you get a crit, that's what would spice up lann's gameplay and make him extremely fun since his whole gameplay style is based around RNG.

These changes are objectively good for Lann's survivability and playstyle. They're not perfect by any means (either pick SP cost or cooldowns, but not both, seriously), but they fix (halfway) the problem of having to choose between your survivability being determined by gambling, or taking the hits to your DPS instead by staying out of the fray. Lann is the only character that consistently has to gamble to unlock the significant majority of his damage potential, and a large part of his survivability, especially since we've had unblockable attacks as standard fair for around 3 years now. Squeezing in smashes to fish for furies in narrow counter windows will sometimes force you to take a hit if you don't land crits at your normal rate (i.e. if you cant fury out of your moonsplitter when Regina starts to use her radial unblockable). Being able to force a fury potentially fixes this, although i dont think that anything other than absolute fury should have a cooldown, and possibly not even that. Lann is already medium to low on the DPS tier list, sword and spear, and the SP cost of forcing furies any more than ~three times a minute would be easily outweighed by slashing high with spears, and even more with swords. If they wanted the changes to be good, and not just passable, they would have removed the cooldowns entirely and made the Emergency fury a separate, trainable skill, and either reduce the SP cost to 35, or make it cost 105 SP per use with the option to awaken it using SP reduction stones, so that new players don't use it as a crutch. They could also just make it cost 25 SP (near nominal amount) and reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds, so that you can actually rely on it to be available, should you need it as a dodge.

One problem they didn't directly address is Sword Lann's horridly high and unmitigated stamina consumption (depending on how much they actually reduced stamina consumption on his smashes). Sword Lann really needs a stamina recovery buff. Maybe a 5 stam/sec recovery buff that stacks for 5 seconds every time you use a fury, up to 1 minute. I shouldn't be required to use slashing high every single time it's available and not use any other SP skills except for in transformation, all the while running out of stamina during the 15 or so seconds that I have to wait for it to go off cooldown. The damage of Comet Dash also needs to be increased significantly. Because it has such a horrible DPS/SP Cost ratio compared to slashing high, it's basically never worth using unless you need the strategic advantage of suppressing the boss (like in Dullahan's last 3 bars), and even then it's really not worth using with swords considering that you'll be running out of stamina for half of the next minute while you get your sp back to use slashing high again. It's also a gamble on whether or not it will actually work, since it won't subdue many bosses during specific parts of some of their animations and the game makes no effort at all to tell you when those are, assuming that it's not just a bug that's gone unaddressed since the skills' introduction, which is very possibly true.

Overall, it's a half-baked improvement, but I'm definitely glad that they increased the range of the sword and spear dashes, which, due to their short range compared to other characters (fiona and scythe evie *ahem*), have been obsolescent for around 3 years now, ever since they introduced raid bosses with unblockables.
  • JohnKnight6JohnKnight6
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    edited July 3, 2018
    Thank god that Lann gets the Reduced Stamina Cost buff on his Smash Attacks. The one major thing that I always struggled with Twin Sword Lann was that he always tend to keep on running low on Stamina in most situations. Especially during boss fights.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Thank god that Lann gets the Reduced Stamina Cost buff on his Smash Attacks. The one major thing that I always struggled with Twin Sword Lann was that he always tend to keep on running low on Stamina in most situations. Especially during boss fights.

Personally I would rather they make lann harder and just give us more rewards. Making it easier for us to ignore stamina isn't what I find makes the game fun. (As it is you just need watch your moves till you build enough sp till you can get a slashing high started. (And yes it would stink that you just used your sp move right before say the dul ghost pillar shines on you and you waist the sp, but that is part of the charm of lann... IE you have to adapt to when chance doesn't go your way.)
  • paingamepaingame
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    edited July 5, 2018
    mistranslations/clarifications

normal attack change = 전진폭 = character advances forward more, like the other skills

fury skills have higher attack range on activation (ie much easier to hit close mobs)
    fanning slash has higher forward attack range
    double crescent has higher attack range

gust sting: tapping = unranked gust sting (left hand forward poke)

blood pact dmg buff increased (30%), belclaire smash attack damage decreased
    if you use belclaire on a new enemy, blood pact transfers to that enemy

good buffs for spear lann. sword lann buffs not very impactful