[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can't Add More Friends

vgfan100vgfan100
Vindictus Rep: 2,085
edited April 27, 2018 in Bug Reporting
I deleted a bunch of players that were not playing Vindictus anymore, but I still cannot add new players to my Friends List. I believe this bug started after the server merge. I may need to send a ticket to get this fixed, but I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue. If so, how do you fix this?

Comments

• DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    The playerbase is way lower than the friendlist limit +cold
    Drachus
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited May 22, 2018
    what you mean you cant add ? you mean there is no add button in friend list? if so then yes there is nothing like that you just have to whisper to person who you want to add and click on the name on chat to add , or just click on character in town or in battle and there you will find add as friend option
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Friend list is full, so you can't add. I have this too.

Yes, the issue is from the merge. After the merge, your friend list is invisible and only the players who have logged in after the merge will be visible again.
  • BabyTigerxBabyTigerx
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Mine Is Bugged Also, List is Permanently Full even if i have no one on the list, :c
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited August 23, 2018
    So I received an email back from Customer Support and here are the instructions they gave me:

Click the spoiler if you really want to read how to do a repair install
    If you are launching your game through STEAM:
    1. Open up your Steam Library
    2. Right click on the game and click "Properties"
    3. In Properties, click on the "Local Files" tab.
    4. To perform the repair installation, click "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."
    5. Once clicked, the validation process will begin and any missing files will be reacquired! ヽ(^◇^*)/

If you are launching your game through the NEXON LAUNCHER:
    1. Open up your Nexon Launcher
    2. Click on the game page and click on the "gear" icon to open up your Game Settings.
    3. Click on "Game Configure" in the sidebar of the Nexon Launcher Settings.
    4. Select the game.
    5. Click on the "Repair Installation" button. When you click on Repair Installation you will receive a message that will ask if you wish to continue. Click 'OK'.
    6. Once you click OK, the repair installation will begin running and will verify the files within the game folder and check for any missing or damaged files. If it finds any, it will download those files and/or update them. Once it is complete the normal play button will return and you may launch the game normally.

Should the issue persist, kindly provide a screenshot of your Friends Lists for all your characters. Please be informed that the max buddy limit for your whole account is only up to 40. Which means that if you combine all your buddies for each character and you reach 40 and above, your buddy limit will exceed.

The repair install wasn't the issue. The last part in bold, I believe, is the culprit. You can now only have up to a max of 40 people on your friends list?! When did this change? I didn't see this on the RISE Update list.

UPDATE: So apparently, I can now add friends to my list, but I only deleted about 50 people from the list. I still have hundreds of players on my friends list. I am so confused right now. >_<