[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The heck just happened to Vindictus!?

KDCKDC
Vindictus Rep: 500
in Suggestions and Feedback
The lot of the game seems dumbed down majorly since the last time I stopped for a break from this game. A difficulty is gone, and Malina had all of its maps replaced and no way to just go in the areas without a target anymore. In fact, that's even gone and all the targets have their own kind of map. Also the Paladin/Dark Knight system got changed to the Skills Window and Every thing that says "Get" you can literally just walk over it. I also discovered that I can't gain AP from being offline anymore. Also the characters don't have shiny hair and clothing anymore. Did something happen to Nexon in a almost a year of my break? I mean, I get the Server Merge, but dumbing down the game this much makes it just..... well.... a shell of its former self.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited April 19, 2018
    Refer to the RISE update notes

(Will fill in more info later. I don't feel like addressing every point and typing a lot on my phone.)

EDIT: All the info.
    • Season 1: Reduced to an extended tutorial
    • Season 2: Slight difficulty bump but still a walk in the park. Former raid bosses reduced to easy fights with lots of XP rewarded so you'll level up quickly. (Hero Mode S2 Raids bring back the old style version of the raid bosses albeit lower HP).
    • Dark Knight/Pally may have been easy for you to level because all former transformation experience was converted to the new TP system. Meaning: You got to keep all your prior trans xp. Starting from scratch is much more difficult just like how the old system used to be. It's easier overall, but not the cakewalk you're making it sound like.
    • Yeah, they changed meditation to only work when online now which is honestly an off-putting change. I think they did this because people were making alts with max meditation and just letting them sit there until they were needed. This was kind of a loophole in the system that I guess they wanted closed.
    • Shiny hair and clothing? I think that's more or less a graphical setting on your part. I haven't noticed a graphical change so it's possible that either your directX / shader detail settings were changed.
    • I agree that the game was dumbed down, but it was done so in a way that streamlines the process of leveling so newer players can enjoy the meat of the game (Season 3).

RISE Update Patch Notes
  • KDCKDC
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Refer to the RISE update notes

(Will fill in more info later. I don't feel like addressing every point and typing a lot on my phone.)

EDIT: All the info.
    • Season 1: Reduced to an extended tutorial
    • Season 2: Slight difficulty bump but still a walk in the park. Former raid bosses reduced to easy fights with lots of XP rewarded so you'll level up quickly. (Hero Mode S2 Raids bring back the old style version of the raid bosses albeit lower HP).
    • Dark Knight/Pally may have been easy for you to level because all former transformation experience was converted to the new TP system. Meaning: You got to keep all your prior trans xp. Starting from scratch is much more difficult just like how the old system used to be. It's easier overall, but not the cakewalk you're making it sound like.
    • Yeah, they changed meditation to only work when online now which is honestly an off-putting change. I think they did this because people were making alts with max meditation and just letting them sit there until they were needed. This was kind of a loophole in the system that I guess they wanted closed.
    • Shiny hair and clothing? I think that's more or less a graphical setting on your part. I haven't noticed a graphical change so it's possible that either your directX / shader detail settings were changed.
    • I agree that the game was dumbed down, but it was done so in a way that streamlines the process of leveling so newer players can enjoy the meat of the game (Season 3).

RISE Update Patch Notes

- Season 1's a huge Tutorial now? Wha--?
    - So they did keep Season 2's old style, but I have to go into Hero Mode to even access it then?
    - I actually wonder why they did that with the Paladin/Dark Knight forms.
    - Makes sense... kind of.
    - It was a thing when the game was set in DirectX 10 instead of DirectX 9. Nothing too important.
    - New players have it too easy.
  • ordinaryabnormalityordinaryabnormality
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    wat u doing with my avatar