[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Any Neam Pillar Solo Vids / Players Out There?

boddoleboddole
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
edited March 7, 2018 in Karok
I'm pretty lousy in Neam on Pillar, so I was looking around for some Pillar solo videos...Closes thing I've found is this duo vid:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nrWZEhVv00Y

And a group vid from a Pillar's perspective:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aqYKL_QnDro

But...that's about it. So I was wondering if any solo / 'pro' pillar neam players have or could make any videos of themselves at work. Cause I'm just having aaallll sorts of fun right now...

Comments

• Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    edited March 8, 2018
    Pillar nemhain/balor solo still not exist because:
    1. ->awkward control in perfect absorb shock
    2. ->too many dead frame post-animations without the opportunity canceling

It's possible but who the hell wants suffer 1 hour for no reason?

There is reason to ponder....
    for example
    • 90% of Kai using xgun
    • 90% of Fifi using longsword
    • 90% of Vella using twin swords
    • 99% of Hurk using greatsword
    • 100% of Lans consider that dependence on crit its a bullshit
    and so on.... Because most people choose comfort gameplay instead of artificial complexity.

All of the above can be described in one sentence - uncomfortable/unbalanced gameplay mechanics. No way to solve this issue because devs not listen feedback. They listen only your wallet :/
    Lion86NoburoStormCrusherboddole
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Yep agree with the comment above, just get a nice cestus for redeemers
  • boddoleboddole
    Eh...I was kind of afraid that would be the answer...Guess I was hoping that some psychopath really wanted a challenge...If you don't mind though, could you clarify the point, "awkward control in perfect absorb shock"? Does that mean something like the perfect absorb shock throws off your timing or something? Not quite clear on that.
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    edited March 9, 2018
    Redeemers attack must be dodged at the exact right moment, also they're faster and 'unpredictable' compared to other boss's attacks. You can compare it to a tough niflheim bloodlord . This type of attacks fit cestus much more than pillar, since pillar has longer attack animation and its ability to change attacks isn't sudden as cestus. So yeah basically it throws you away from boss and you have to chase it to maintain your position. Another good thing in cestus is its attacks and dodges fit perfectly to these attacks since you always have to dodge perfectly (else you get punished hard). On pillar the dodge/absorb animation is longer, but this cause the PERFECT dodge/absorb timing which is required in redeemers but not in regular bosses, to be unclear and usually harder to find
    Lion86boddole
  • Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    boddole wrote: »
    Eh...I was kind of afraid that would be the answer...Guess I was hoping that some psychopath really wanted a challenge...If you don't mind though, could you clarify the point, "awkward control in perfect absorb shock"? Does that mean something like the perfect absorb shock throws off your timing or something? Not quite clear on that.

I mean this >>>
    Redeemers attack must be dodged at the exact right moment, also they're faster and 'unpredictable' compared to other boss's attacks. You can compare it to a tough niflheim bloodlord . This type of attacks fit cestus much more than pillar, since pillar has longer attack animation and its ability to change attacks isn't sudden as cestus. So yeah basically it throws you away from boss and you have to chase it to maintain your position. Another good thing in cestus is its attacks and dodges fit perfectly to these attacks since you always have to dodge perfectly (else you get punished hard). On pillar the dodge/absorb animation is longer, but this cause the PERFECT dodge/absorb timing which is required in redeemers but not in regular bosses, to be unclear and usually harder to find

Some regular bosses also have attacks which ignore "normal absorb" but there it is not essential because anyway clean fight gameplay is not rewarded.

StormCrusher
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Pillar Karok has the damage potential to solo Neamhain without an absurd amount of stats. But speaking from personal experience, he is probably the most difficult to achieve. There is always the risk factor when playing a class, but in the case of Pillar, the risks you must take in order to play competitively in Neaamhain is simply much greater than many other classes.

Like others have said, you will have to time every single one of your attacks almost perfectly in order to not get dumpstered. However the most difficult part imo isn't directly related to the length of your pAS frames, but rather you have to consider the unblockable attack animation along with your smash animation moving you.

Let's just take Neamhain's stab laser attack where she lifts you up for example. The timing of the hitbox will depend on your position relative to the boss. For classes such as Fiona/Delia/Arisha, this isn't a huge problem as their respective blocks do not move you allowing you to remain stationary. Their block frames are also a lot more consistent in regards to Delia and Fiona's parry while Arisha and Delia also have iframes which do not have to be strictly timed compared to pAS frames. Pillar on the other hand is essentially boned as you will have to adjust your timing while factoring in both your movement from smashing and where you are relative to Neam. You could ofcourse simply roll out of the way and restart your combo, but that is damage lost from missing a counter and you become less competitive which means more stats are required ontop of the already absurd amount of stats Pillar requires to get a clear.

Like others have said, just go with Cestus in Neamhain due to his shorter combos and more consistent absorb frames on weave and bob. He is a monster there due to how fast he can take out Neit while his damage on Neam is also quite good. You could ofcourse just roll with Pillar for the challenge and fun factor which I used to do when I ran Neam although I felt as if I contributed a lot less to the party compared to Cestus where I can just carry any party through Neit phases like nobody's business.
    Lion86boddoleStormCrusher
  • boddoleboddole
    Thanks for all the insights guys, I really appreciate it.
    StormCrusher