[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Auto-lock on boss

StormCrusherStormCrusher
Vindictus Rep: 1,175
in General Discussion
Hi
Before the last patch my attacks were automatically directed to the boss. wasnt comfortable in all cases but was good enough for me.
now after the patch it doesnt lock on boss and i cant find the option to trigger it again.
any1 help?

Comments

• Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I'm having the exact opposite issue
  • tommyrockettommyrocket
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    As far as I'm aware, it's the "Aim automatically with spears" option, or however it's worded. If it's disabled it won't work, so it sounds like you want it enabled in your case. If that's not it, then I dunno. Note I haven't been playing lately so I wouldn't know about a new bug if there was one. Given that, I'll probably log in and check things out soon and maybe get back to this topic if it does turn out to be a problem for me, too.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    Try "attack in direction of camera"? Or something like that
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Dokkun wrote: »

its not that option , and yes i have the same problem my settings are the same as before patch but auto lock on boss doesnt works well anymore
    StormCrusher
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Madcobra wrote: »

its not that option , and yes i have the same problem my settings are the same as before patch but auto lock on boss doesnt works well anymore
    try attacking near a boss without holding Movement

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited February 23, 2018
    Sir_Render wrote: »

try attacking near a boss without holding Movement

the thing is , it would be nice to know if that function was changed or its just a bug , would be nice to see here some answear from support team
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited February 23, 2018
    Ok here is the change, so before the 'aim auto with spears'(or something like that) helped with auto targeting enemies/bosses on attacks.

Now there's been a very helpful change but that could be disorientating for those not aware.
    The aim-assist function now only works when not holding down a directional key.
    If you smash without any directional keys with the option on, you will auto target; but if you do have directional key pressed, you will attack in that direction.

This has helped a bit with for example, Miri's scorching streak used to always hug the boss, but now you can use it properly in any direction you want or hug by not pressing any direction.

LKnRhZi.png

Bad wording but I think it affects auto-aim, not sure about camera direction only attacking
    Sir_RenderStormCrusher
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    edited February 23, 2018
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Ok here is the change, so before the 'aim auto with spears'(or something like that) helped with auto targeting enemies/bosses on attacks.

Now there's been a very helpful change but that could be disorientating for those not aware.
    The aim-assist function now only works when not holding down a directional key.
    If you smash without any directional keys with the option on, you will auto target; but if you do have directional key pressed, you will attack in that direction.

This has helped a bit with for example, Miri's scorching streak used to always hug the boss, but now you can use it properly in any direction you want or hug by not pressing any direction.

LKnRhZi.png

Bad wording but I think it affects auto-aim, not sure about camera direction only attacking

OK that explains it! Thanks! :)

I managed to somehow 'fix' it with friend's advice, i checked 'attack in cam direction' and 'aim at boss when throwing' and the rest are unchecked. It still works a little different but its manageable, as Puppyman when you get used to it it's even an improvement
  • cyboraxcyborax
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    I believe the option to change this is in the same place where you change your key bindings in settings. Next to the key bindings there should be list of options and auto lock should be one of them