[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hardware surpasses recommended, yet still 20 fps.

FrankTheTankFrankTheTank
Vindictus Rep: 210
in Tech Support
Hey I've been trying to get back into this game for about a year, yet I cannot seem to even get past the tutorial because I have less than 20 frames per second. Can anyone help?
As for my specs i'm going to type the general things but let me know if you need anything else.

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20 Ghz
RAM: 12 GB RAM
Over 500 GB's free
GeForce GTX 1060 3.0 ACX (6 GB VRAM)
DirectX: 12
Blaisehope

Comments

• AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Alot times I play games when I realize that is horrible lag, I understand that I forgot to install drivers lol
    Maybe you forget to install drivers and update Nvidia GeForce?
    UlpMkkf.gif
  • BlaisehopeBlaisehope
    here, same problem.

gtx 1060 6gb
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    edited January 31, 2018
    Don't play with everything on max, even though you have a gtx 1060 game depends alot on single core cpu frequency and yours is only clocked @3.2ghz.

I play with a 3.5ghz intel and can run the game smooth at medium-high.
  • DiernorDiernor
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Don't play with everything on max, even though you have a gtx 1060 game depends alot on single core cpu frequency and yours is only clocked @3.2ghz.

I play with a 3.5ghz intel and can run the game smooth at medium-high.

Yep. OP, your CPU may be absolutely amazing for most modern gaming, but Vindictus was made using a very old version of the Source Engine(seriously WHY does it still support DirectX 8???) and as such any multicore rendering is poorly implemented at best. It will mostly use a single core, and thus raw clock speed and the power of individual cores will win the day over multicore performance.

To really drive this point home, your CPU is objectively better than the i5-6600 I run the game with. Game-Debate marks your CPU as performing roughly 12% better in general, which is more significant than you'd probably think. Despite this, I can run the game maxed at 1080p, 45-60fps. And this is taking into account that I have a worse GPU too, with a 1050Ti.