[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New raid Review

erickhendrixerickhendrix
Vindictus Rep: 930
edited January 15, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
TL:DR
-Fun raid
-Original boss design
-awesome (almost) flawless mechanics
-multy spear attacks are super weird
-Don't ... fall of the map

This new raid just let's me know that the developers learned from their dullahan ghost mistakes, and managed to make a boss with mechanics that are fun and add layers of texture and fun to the battle.
Ae Sidhe is now one of the msut fun raids in the game and I will be killing him daily from now on, but, he is not perfect , what could be a flawlesss raid gets hold back by some weird attacks and game mechanics

The good:
He look's awesome , space wizard looks like something I haven't seen b4 yet it feels familiar-
The mechanics on the battle are fun, they managed to implement the hated swinging in to something that is not infuriating as abomination, the bosses he summons look awesome and THEY SHARE THE HP BAR WITH THE BOSS no more pointlessly hitting a ghost... so if you see the kraken , just go to the center and enjoy ur x4 times damage 7u7, he's attacks are really good and they all have almost the same rythm to it, so the battle holds a really easy to follow patter that you can get in to , to block he's attacks and counter, he also hits VERY hard so I am in the real need to worry if I get hit or not (with 21k def)

The bad:
you can fall off the map (8:12) T_T, jokes aside:
-some times when you swing, you fall from high enought to trigger fall damage....-_-, or you trigger the ugly recovery stand up animation(hero landing)(7:30)(15:30 -_-really)
-maybe its just me but I get an fps drop of around -10
-multy spear attacks MULTY SPEAR ATTACKS, they are... weird this needs it's own list of problems
-inconsistent hitbox:
you dont know what hit you and when, the spears dont hit you when they are coming out , they do after they are already out if you touch them (14:13)
The purple orbs in the ground count as getting hit from the spears (9:21)...
They will also have another weird hit when they retract. (12:38)
-Space wizard some how fails to hit you with spears
When the initial purple ball doesnt land a hit on you SOMEHOW, (6:02) you are almost ensured to be hit shortly after, this probably will only happens to characters who
block or counter, if you move and inch, you get hit by the purple balls or spears themselves, if you dont move the boss will probably push you to the spears anyway)3:58),
if you block the slight movement of the animation is gonna make you get hit before you start actually blocking, so your best bet is to wait out for the spears retracting
and then MAYBE you will be able to block them
-spear in your face(0:48) OA THATS A SPEAR IN MY FACE HOW DRAMATIC WOW I ALMOST GOT HIT, after the first time it stops being interesting and starts being anoying BECAUSE IT GETS IN THE WAY
-Perfect circle of spears , it is suposed to not move right? RIGHT? (13:00)
That's it now go out there and kill space pants ill give it a Fish out of 10

LeucosieZeroheartBabyDaniIcygoddess
  1. Did this text gave you cancer?27 votes
    1. Yes
       41% (11 votes)
    2. I already had cancer
       59% (16 votes)

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Raid is great if not that 20 fps .is missing .Hardly playable ......
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    i like the music
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    You can use the - key on your keyboard to hide UI and get better frames :)
    other than that I'm in the mid 30s fps
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230

I play withouth UI since one year already. Cause game made me to do it to be able to move in raids not like turtle . This raid even withouth UI is f...d
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875

Not rly, since you want to see your HP/SP and CDs on skills/items + chat with friends (at least to see what they are writing)...

I thought fps drop was caused by the event timer and snowy theme but I was wrong....
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited January 12, 2018
    Aes Sidhe is a gay purple alien, he is too unpredictable :p . Dullahan is better, bigger and his attacks are clearer.

The only good thing about Aes Sidhe is chain swinging between orbs and then dying anyway :)
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I thought only my **** laptop was getting terrible FPS on that raid but after seeing so many ppl complain about that I'm starting to think they messed up rly bad when designing this raid.Hopefully Balor's arena won't be as laggy as this crap
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Pillar counters EVERYWHERE, super fun on blocking characters for me.

Unfortunately the clash looks like poo because he spins around even when you manual it, also blocks progress on a title so i won't be bothering with it unless people ask.
  • IanIan
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    This guy's music is my new second favorite raid theme. It's so good
  • PrettyyPrettyy
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    Felt like fighting a combination of s3 with some aspects of s2 bosses +some unique mechanics. Super fun. I love it. My favorite bgm by far.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    edited January 12, 2018
    Omg so glad to see it wasnt us. Team member left (which i though was funny the other staff evie stuck it out till the end.)because of fps drop but we finished him just us 3. We play ui off and alt to quickly check hp bar of both us and boss so it can be done and if your quick slot hasnt changed memory will serve you well. I think this is a grest new raid, now its just time to practice and learn him well.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    So far I like Aes Sidhe (alias Hes Shithe), as he offers some depth, various mechanics etc. Feels like Lugh 2.0. However, the significant performance (FPS) drop is annoying.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    Aes Sidhe is a gay purple alien, he is too unpredictable :p . Dullahan is better, bigger and his attacks are clearer.

The only good thing about Aes Sidhe is chain swinging between orbs and then dying anyway :)

All his moves are very well telegraphed. It's just hard to react to some of them mid attack animation or with the FPS issues.

As for me, I love everything about the boss EXCEPT the "spears coming out of the orbs" attacks. They shouldn't have such a long lingering hitbox or hurt you when they retract (which doesn't even happen all the time). The only way to consistently dodge them as a melee character is to run away from them and wait until they go away. Which wouldn't be an issue, if he didn't have so many attacks that cause them to appear.
    Cashews wrote: »

All his moves are very well telegraphed. It's just hard to react to some of them mid attack animation or with the FPS issues.

As for me, I love everything about the boss EXCEPT the "spears coming out of the orbs" attacks. They shouldn't have such a long lingering hitbox or hurt you when they retract (which doesn't even happen all the time). The only way to consistently dodge them as a melee character is to run away from them and wait until they go away. Which wouldn't be an issue, if he didn't have so many attacks that cause them to appear.

The long ranged attackers will do well again this. The only thing i could do was jump away on miri and wait for an opening can it be parried? Frames made it hard to see if they could or not.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited January 12, 2018
    I don't like purple ground orbs of doom that take off half my health but otherwise enjoyable

also his single swivel spin quick attack tends to one shot cause it hits so many times at once
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    I like the raid a lot. Only complaint would be the fps drop, I went from 40ish to 15-20 fps and although turning UI off helps a little, it's annoying to do that since I play staff and I need the UI to see which spells I have on cast save (since I don't always use my stuff in one order).
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited January 12, 2018
    Cashews wrote: »

The long ranged attackers will do well again this. The only thing i could do was jump away on miri and wait for an opening can it be parried? Frames made it hard to see if they could or not.

I've heard various things about blocking them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's also hard to tell if they have more than one hitbox or it's just one really long one. If they have more than one hitbox then parrying might be risky.
  • SexyWaterMelonSexyWaterMelon
    Vindictus Rep: 860
    edited January 12, 2018
    Boring boss, not as fun as ex season 2 and 1 raid
    There always one who isnt happy with anything lol
    Madcobra
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Noburo wrote: »
    Pillar counters EVERYWHERE, super fun on blocking characters for me.

Unfortunately the clash looks like poo because he spins around even when you manual it, also blocks progress on a title so i won't be bothering with it unless people ask.

The other way to clash is whenever you've finished chain-hooking the orbs and he swoops in for one last time. That one doesn't spin you around.
    Noburo