[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Titles not giving stats as stated

ToothacheToothache
Vindictus Rep: 300
in Bug Reporting
I have recently encountered a strange bug with the titles. It appears that titles with stat boosts are not actually providing the stat boosts once earned. For example, the title Imich Defeater gives STR +2, AGI +3, INT +1, WIL +1. However after earning the title, the stats on my character did not change at all. I have spoken with 2 GMs about this already and none of them can repeat the issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

My character stats pre title OuvDsUK.jpg

My character stats post title OCh1eU3.jpg

I have tried logging out and back in, running the file verification on the game, and equipping and equipping the title (yes I know titles do not have to be equipped for the stats to take effect, just trying anything). The only thing that these accomplished was for my character's title count to increment (the number of owned titles was not incrementing after earning titles) but still not provide the stats.

Comments

• MarakolinMarakolin
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I have recently encountered a strange bug with the titles. It appears that titles with stat boosts are not actually providing the stat boosts once earned. For example, the title Imich Defeater gives STR +2, AGI +3, INT +1, WIL +1. However after earning the title, the stats on my character did not change at all. I have spoken with 2 GMs about this already and none of them can repeat the issue. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • DongmasterDongmaster
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    edited June 1, 2019
    I'm having the exact same issue. No changes in stats after receiving the titles. None.

edit:

99 Eira, snagging titles:

- Saviour of the isles
    - Thor Conqueror
    - The Titan Slayer

The list goes on and on, all the boss-killing titles didn't add anything to stats. Probably a majority of them beyond just the boss-killing ones that doesn't really add either.
  • AslaiAslai
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    This is probably not a bug. All the titles you guys have listed are ID titles, which means that once you've obtained them on one character, all characters on your ID get the stats from it. The only real benefit of re-obtaining it on another character is if you want the +5 rank points.
    Dongmaster
  • DongmasterDongmaster
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    edited June 8, 2019
    ah yeah, of course, now that I read those little questionmark-icons' text-bubbles in the game as well, I guess that's just how it is huh, weird, meaning that for each subsequent character made they'll gain the stats from those ID titles at the levels stated in those very titles - basic reading comprehension here to save the day

which I guess means that any stats from the unique titles (requiring you to kill x-enemies with class-specific smash-attacks) from each class are the only ones adding stats-bonuses for that character in particular?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Some titles are account shared, meaning they will apply to all characters on the account when obtained by just one of them. Some/all of them also share stats (at least to some degree, or depending on level - I don't remember details). Perhaps this is the case here - you already benefited stats from this title as account-shared. Can't be sure though and should probably to make sure on fresh account instead. These titles are old and I doubt they'd be broken though.