[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha Second Weapon Live Testing

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Posted by @BloodySmile over in the Ari section:

Looking much better
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    The moment you feel like you're the only one hyped because your second favorite gets a new weapon to change playstyle a bit T_T I actually like what I see. Early videos are bad because people clearly got no idea how to play her... All 3 videos I saw got very different way of playing her... One abused the Focus explosion, the other her mana whip and and hit-and-run explosion and the last one focused on the tanding still mana whip.

Something feels off, sure, but she'S clearly so hard that nobody got a smooth playstyle.... YET.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Axxon wrote: »
    The moment you feel like you're the only one hyped because your second favorite gets a new weapon to change playstyle a bit T_T I actually like what I see. Early videos are bad because people clearly got no idea how to play her... All 3 videos I saw got very different way of playing her... One abused the Focus explosion, the other her mana whip and and hit-and-run explosion and the last one focused on the tanding still mana whip.

Something feels off, sure, but she'S clearly so hard that nobody got a smooth playstyle.... YET.

The controls were bad in the early days because the controls themselves were unnecessarily complicated, but they've since been fixed, along with a number of other bugs.

I think what most people are disappointed in is that the weapon isn't completely different from SS, which imo, isn't really a bad thing, considering how bad Hurk's 2nd weapon is. I'd rather have something built on mechanics that work, than get something I'll never use.

I think I've said this before, but I sort of expected Arisha's 2nd weapon to be somewhat similar to her first because the mechanics of her SS were just really good. Between the numerous blocks and dodges she has, and the mana mechanic that's pretty iconic of her character, it'd be hard to design something equally as appealing, so devcat just made an alternative with all the benefits of the first weapon.
    Boninox
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I would pay to be that Havan right now. Just whip me.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 23, 2017
    Speaking of the "Live" testing, are we going to get new footage?
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Rezi wrote: »
    Speaking of the "Live" testing, are we going to get new footage?

I'd hope so. I've been keeping up with what videos I can of the whip, but so far the only ones I've found on live server are Ein Lacher runs. Makes it difficult to see what the actual damage of the weapon is like.