[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

launcher won't start

RedTerraRedTerra
Vindictus Rep: 610
edited November 18, 2017 in Tech Support
Today all of a sudden the launcher won't start. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no good. Any one else having this problem?

Comments

• RedTerraRedTerra
    ETA: Windows had an update last night. Could that have affected Vindictus? Any one know how to fix this?
  • RedTerraRedTerra
    ETA: Windows had an update last night. Could that have affected Vindictus? Any one know how to fix this?
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited November 18, 2017
    Yesterday i had a similar problem. The launcher stuck at loading but restarting it a few times solved the issue. While it was stuck it was reading from the disk, a few bytes every second and it didn't stop but it didn't load either for minutes. I also tried to start it as admin but that had no effect on it, it was still stuck.

I'm using Windows 7.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Launching fine here, and Windows did an auto-update yesterday, so I should have everything current. Have you tried just using the repair option in Steam/Vindi Launcher?
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited November 18, 2017
    It happens to me about once every 2 - 3 weeks. Rebooting windows seemed to fix every time.
  • libertyliberty
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Happens to me about every other day and has for some time now. You have to shut it down via Task Manager and you also have to get rid of the icon still left in the System Tray by simply hovering your mouse over it after you shut it down. Give if a few seconds and try it again. I've had it continue to fail to load ~7 times before it finally loaded. The first time this happened I kept trying over and over and had stacked up a lot of icons in the System Tray. Then my account got locked and I had to go thru a process to unlock it before I could try again.