[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Inherited/ Sealed Power: Fragments

TamagoTamago
Vindictus Rep: 5,460
edited October 18, 2017 in General Discussion
Since orange materials were nerfed to only give 25 inherited/ sealed power: fragments when being dismantled instead of 100, the requirements for material synthesis need to be adjusted as well.

The old requirements are absurd with the dismantling change.
Example: y10Jy.png

I don't think this change was ever mentioned in patch notes either, so we don't know if it was intended or not.
SlothPrincess

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    what action requires 450 fragments? Most I've seen is 150 on the primary feather.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    The fragments were worthless, and some time ago orange parts drop rate has been significantly increased. Market is filled with oranges worth almost as low as purple, so I don't see an issue with that.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited October 18, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    what action requires 450 fragments? Most I've seen is 150 on the primary feather.

150 is for lv90 items. Lv95 requires 450.
    SirRFI wrote: »
    The fragments were worthless, and some time ago orange parts drop rate has been significantly increased. Market is filled with oranges worth almost as low as purple, so I don't see an issue with that.

You need to dismantle 18 just for ONE ability change on a lv95 item. You would need to dismantle 54 for all three ability changes alone. That's not counting the synth fragment requirements either. The cost adds up very quickly with material synth.
    LoLoBooty
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    I support this balance change. Although it was undocumented, this adds value to 90 essences in the synthesis ecosystem. The increased amounts needed in fragments, as well as the reduced fragment gain for 90 oranges, were needed to keep it healthy. I imagine dismantling 95 essences returns 100 now; has anyone tested on something like a Dullahan foot?
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    it's really not so bad
  • TamagoTamago
    Ellease wrote: »
    I support this balance change. Although it was undocumented, this adds value to 90 essences in the synthesis ecosystem. The increased amounts needed in fragments, as well as the reduced fragment gain for 90 oranges, were needed to keep it healthy. I imagine dismantling 95 essences returns 100 now; has anyone tested on something like a Dullahan foot?

I think it's still fine for lv90 synthing, but lv95 requires a lot more...at least for ability changes. I haven't paid attention to the others, since I did those before the nerf.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    But that's kind of the point. If you raided regularly at all, 90 synthing was extremely cheap (I know several players with thousands of red essences from that period). The excess wasn't even worth dumping on the marketplace. It's a better balance with these changes.
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    For me it's not so bad, I'm trying atm to max 95 armor stats, sure it takes a bit of gold.. but it's end game stuff... As for the mats, I normally keep from farming.
    (I only purchase the sealed power fragments off the MP.)
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    But the impact of item abilities in actual raiding is so miniscule why even bother?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    But the impact of item abilities in actual raiding is so miniscule why even bother?

Agreed. I only ended up doing it for dailies. Getting the speed buff every kill does make things go a lot faster. (And that said last I looked fragments were so cheap that even buying 450 would be a small fraction of the total cost of replacing the ability.)
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    But that's kind of the point. If you raided regularly at all, 90 synthing was extremely cheap (I know several players with thousands of red essences from that period). The excess wasn't even worth dumping on the marketplace. It's a better balance with these changes.

While the price balancing is a good thing I think we will have a supply problem for the green fragments. People just don't run enough of berbe/BC to get a surplus of solids and smooths.
    Tamago
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    excuse me what? need to be adjusted?

they probably changed it because the price of red fragments dropped to 250~1k gold on EU.I'm glad changes like this happen because the price of those items went to the shitter after the orange drop rate adjustment
  • TamagoTamago
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

While the price balancing is a good thing I think we will have a supply problem for the green fragments. People just don't run enough of berbe/BC to get a surplus of solids and smooths.

Not to mention KR made the changes first, but their population is much larger than ours. When more people quit in the future, supply will be even more of an issue. The only reason we really have cheap mats right now is because there are bots botting S3.
  • TamagoTamago
    WTF I got some forum promotion thing to Big Time after hitting 555 posts and can't edit posts anymore...
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    You are viewing this problem from the point of a buyer who rushes to buy cheap stuff and complains when there's no cheap stuff to buy.

However,for sellers,this change revived an old method of making money (farming orange shards in short S3 missions)
  • TamagoTamago
    You are viewing this problem from the point of a buyer who rushes to buy cheap stuff and complains when there's no cheap stuff to buy.

However,for sellers,this change revived an old method of making money (farming orange shards in short S3 missions)

No, I'm thinking about this long-term. I've already maxed six characters prior to the change except for some abilities, but I don't see there being enough supply to do the same in the future. I would likely have to wait a week or more between each character.
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Could someone explain to me how to use these fragments? ^^;;; Thank you!
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited October 19, 2017
    Could someone explain to me how to use these fragments? ^^;;; Thank you!

In material synthesis (offered by Dianan in Rocheste), these fragments are used to upgrade the stats of essences, shards. and chunks of composited items in conjunction with other S3 materials: Godly Cloth, Heavenly Leather, etc.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Mainichi wrote: »
    WTF I got some forum promotion thing to Big Time after hitting 555 posts and can't edit posts anymore...
    Plenty of people got that achievement. I don't think it affects editing ability though.
  • TamagoTamago
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Plenty of people got that achievement. I don't think it affects editing ability though.

It was unavailable for a few hours yesterday. It's fixed now, though.