[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon Launcher Broken with Error

CherishedCherished
Vindictus Rep: 875
in Tech Support
As of this evening I can no longer use the Nexon Launcher, as trying to do so gives me this error.

This happens on both of my computers. The Nexon launcher has been acting poorly on both for a few days. After starting it up, it would get stuck trying to load and never start up. If I ctrl+alt+del it 10-20 times, it would eventually work. Now I get this error and it will not start up at all. Even after deleting the launcher and Vindictus entirely to start life over again, the error persists on a fresh install. I thank anyone who can help me repair this cataclysm!
    No results for this poll

Comments

• IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    getting a similar problem with permission error(13, permission denied). every time i try to open the launcher, it tries to install something and fails
  • CherishedCherished
    Vindictus Rep: 875
    edited September 22, 2017
    Okayyy soooo, it seems this is "fixed" by simply running Nexon Launcher through "nexon_runtime.exe" instead of "nexon_launcher.exe" in the installation folder. I cannot fathom why this change was made, but my Nexon Launcher shortcut that has worked for two years now has stopped working and gives me the error linked above. After changing the shortcut to target the runtime exe instead of the launcher exe, it now runs. Okayyyy......

Also I'm not sure why there is a blank poll attached to the op, but it unlocked a new forum achievement!
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited September 22, 2017
    got the same error myself. An uninstall and reinstall of the nexon launcher worked for me.