[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is my FPS so low?

KevonKevon
Vindictus Rep: 100
edited September 6, 2017 in Tech Support
I believe my laptop exceed the Vindictus system's requirements but yet I'm not sure why I'm getting such a low FPS even if the settings are set to the lowest. The only thing that isn't that great on the laptop is probably the hard drive because when I swapped it out at the time I didn't think I was going to play any games but I believe the only thing a hard drive affects is the load time in between quests which it definitely did when comparing it to the originally hard drive which was 7200RPM. Could this issue be fix or should I just buy a new PC?

Laptop Specs:

Display
Diagonal Screen Size : 17.3"
Max Resolution : 1600 x 900
Technology : HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display

Processor (CPU)
Type : Intel® CoreTM i7-720QM Quad Core processor
Speed : 1.6GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
FSB :
Cache : 6MB L3

Memory
RAM :
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Graphics Card
1GB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 5650 graphics (For Quad Core Processors only)

Storage
Seagate 500GB BarraCuda SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 5400RPM 2.5-Inch 7mm Internal Hard Drive
(Note: I swap out a 7200RPM hard drive to this 5400RPM one after it broke. A year ago I would get way over 60+ FPS but now it's stays on the red but then again this game change a lot since a year ago.)

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    The game basically uses a single CPU core, so the more "speed" one has - it is the better.
    The game takes up to like 2 GB memory on highest settings. RAM speed/timings are affecting FPS, but not as much as CPU.
    I don't know for GPU, but overall it's not used much.
    Yes, drive speed affects loading, but once inside everything is usually fully loaded in, so shouldn't cause problems.
  • BelchBelch
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    WIth that setup you would not be able to get more then low to medium settings at a playable framerate.
  • NecropolisNecropolis
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    It's not your laptop really.Since Ein Lacher quite a few ppl seen fps drops.I went from 25 on my lower end machine to 3 in battles,but in town it's fine.Other than getting an expensive high end rig,disabling UI helps alot I went back to 20+ in battles after,and they'll probably never fix it.