[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning Player : Lots of questions !!!

AxxonAxxon
Vindictus Rep: 1,135
edited September 6, 2017 in New Recruits
Hi I took an Hiatus from Vindictus Shortly after Finishing Season 3 Chapter 2 Episode 1 (Eochaid Raid). I'm an Evie, playing mostly Staff on East and with Goldsmithing able to craft everything in the list.

But now, I come back (I did read the Rise update) and I notice more then I thought changed !!!

I got the Free Terminus gear, but still kept my +11 Regina Staff and some accessories. I'm not that behind but it's hard this time around to play Catch-up

1) First the stats : 105 Crit, 83 Balance, Capped crit dmg, 22344 M.Att and 10,8k Def... How good or bad is that now ? If not, where to start gear-up ? :3

2) I have Gallant/BloodLust on my Regina Staff (Orange), should I just wait for Dullahan Purple gear before Going with better enchants ?

3) Accessories, I noticed that Amethyst belt and Ocean Depth monster are craftable by Goldsmith and it crashed the prices, I guess I should hop in and go for the change ?

4) What are the best in slot accessories, I know the earrings have the Innocent Tear. Belt have the Woeful and Grim for lvl 85 but where do they drop/craft ? There are lvl 90 rings, where do they drop/craft ? Fomorian Spellbook 3* still the best in slot ? What about the brooch, I got the lvl 50 mercenary one that seems very good.

5) I was Searching for Neanhaim raid... where is it ? Need to finish S3C2E2 to unlock it (currently doing it) ?

6) Ein Lacher, how important are they for stats ?

7) I heard about special battles... Where are they ? xD

8) Any up to date Gear database around ?

9) We can enchant up to +20... What do people expect for enhancement right now ? My +11 feels shy xD. Do stuff start to break brom +8 and reset at +6 still ?

10) Last one, where do enchants drops, what are the ''worth to do'' Raids etc for Gold/Gear etc.

I swear I looked up alot but it's very hard to catch-up X_X Playing since Titan is released and never got so lost after coming back. Thanks for your patience and your time

Comments

• VernandiVernandi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    Axxon wrote: »
    1) First the stats : 105 Crit, 83 Balance, Capped crit dmg, 22344 M.Att and 10,8k Def... How good or bad is that now ? If not, where to start gear-up ? :3
    According to the game - it's bad stats (you cant join in some fights, if boat created in quick battle. Almost all parties now creating in quick battle). But this stat enough for farm.
    About farm - s3 raids now give good gold (130k base); if you have constant party with good stats and very good luck you can try farm dungeouns in last release location. Also comfortable for farm, for example, "deep corruption". 90-100k per 3-5 min run, but you need done all additional target in battle (7 mobs killed with kick, no destroyed armor)
    2) I have Gallant/BloodLust on my Regina Staff (Orange), should I just wait for Dullahan Purple gear before Going with better enchants ?
    Now general stat in game - enhancement (add damage). So not worth change your 11 90lv on somethink less than +12-20, is just waste gold.
    2) 3) Accessories, I noticed that Amethyst belt and Ocean Depth monster are craftable by Goldsmith and it crashed the prices, I guess I should hop in and go for the change ?
    Those accessories now drop from s2 battles,and it crash prices, not goldsmith :)
    If you already have good scrolled(and maybe infused), not worth to change now. Weapon>>armor>>accessories
    4) What are the best in slot accessories, I know the earrings have the Innocent Tear. Belt have the Woeful and Grim for lvl 85 but where do they drop/craft ? There are lvl 90 rings, where do they drop/craft ? Fomorian Spellbook 3* still the best in slot ? What about the brooch, I got the lvl 50 mercenary one that seems very good.
    New accessories cant drop, only craft. You need main core from raid (yoohad, habident, dullahan) + orange smooth. For new ring you need core from dullahan.
    Fomorian book still best, yes.
    About brooch - now best white kitty brooch. Also now you can have permanent kitty necklace in nx page. Kitty necklace can be scrolled and infused.
    I was Searching for Neanhaim raid... where is it ? Need to finish S3C2E2 to unlock it (currently doing it) ?
    Neamhain in berbie, and yes, you need done all general story before neam.
    Ein Lacher, how important are they for stats ?
    Not important in all, your current stats already perfect
    I heard about special battles... Where are they ?
    Easiest way to find - search in quick battle :D
    Any up to date Gear database around ?
    you mean equip calculator? Now alive only one KR calculator, but it looks weird and dont have actual equip
    We can enchant up to +20... What do people expect for enhancement right now ? My +11 feels shy xD. Do stuff start to break brom +8 and reset at +6
    ATM, people got maximum +16-17. Most general part RISE update - add damage from enhance huge changed, and now one enhancement level give megaboost. Before rise +15vs+0 had 20% damage difference, now 200%.
    Enhancement conditions have not changed, you still broke item after +8, still reset after +5. But now you cant enhance restored item. Also chances on succes enhance after +12 was decreased.
    Last one, where do enchants drops, what are the ''worth to do'' Raids etc for Gold/Gear etc.
    Rank 6-7 scrolls drop from s3 raids.
    Rank 8-9,a,b, drop from s2 raids (now is not raids, you can go 6x time per day those battles).
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    edited September 6, 2017
    1. Your stats are fine for everything apart from Dullahan/Neam. For Dullahan you're going to need to get your tech to 195 (yours is currently 188 by the looks of it). You can accomplish this by slapping Well-Balanced/Force on all of your gear, and Master on your chest. These scrolls have dropped in price enough that they're a good temporary option to boost your stats enough to enter raids via Quick Battle (1 extra core per raid).

2. You said your staff is a +11 OJ lvl 90, that isn't too bad right now granted you fill in the gaps with your gear/properly scroll everything over time. As for switching to a purple weapon, I wouldn't recommend it. Until you can get a +11 or higher OJ dullahan weapon, it won't be better than your current one because ADD dmg rules all.

3. Older accessories crashed in price due to the increase in drop rate after the RISE update. The only way the older accessories are worth using is if they're already infused and help you accomplish capping crit/balance to coincide with your gear. If they aren't, it's definitely worth it to upgrade to the newer accessories. As for the ring, it's only half of a set that isn't fully out yet. 1 ring will come from Dullahan (currently released) while the other mat comes from Aes Sidhe (not yet released) to give a set bonus of +1 crit.

4. Refer to above. Up-to-date accessories are BIS unless older ones are pre-enchanted and infused (they still aren't BIS, but the money saved for the slight increase is usually worth it)

5. Berbhe, and your stats aren't at that level yet. Neam is the hardest fight the game has to offer right now and gearing should be more of your priority.

6. Ein Lacher stats are definitely important once you hit further down the road in end-game. The extra balance and crit allows you to cap easier and slap on additional attack speed via Fast scrolls, etc. Keep in mind the best stats come from accomplishing gold medals which means you don't get hit at all in the fights.

7. Special battles give seals of bravery and a rare chance at enchant scrolls.

8. Databases are out of date until someone decides to update them post-RISE. You can get a good idea of where you should be heading gear wise, and enchantments via the ranking system in-game. Most of the top ranked people will have ideal setups you can aim for.

9. The difference between enhancement levels is additional damage, attack and attack speed. The higher your enhancement is, the easier it is to cap raids and the more additional damage you'll receive. Additional damage is single-handedly the most important stat in the game right now as it completely transforms how much damage you do in a raid. The difference before RISE (as far as I know) between a +12-15 was like 6% DPS. Now it's upwards of 50%. Every enhancement level post +10 is an additional +500 additional damage.

10. Rank 6-7 scrolls drop from Season 3 raids. Older scrolls (Passion, Fast, Petite, Enthusastic, Master, etc.) drop from S2 battles but are usually farmed via the ex-raids as they're quicker to accomplish. The ones I listed above are still of value and if you have extra time in your day after running S3 raids, it doesn't hurt to run them for extra money or gear progression.

Typed this up quickly but I hope it helps!
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    "Good" or "bad" depends on what enemy are You facing. Devcat is forcing stats up with recent content updates, so I'd say these are just average nowdays, with kinda low crit.

Dullahan items are expensive overall. Everything about enchanting, including the scrolls themselves, have been reworked. Basically, You are safe to use "purple" scrolls without runes. Also be careful on the ranks - rank 6 scrolls for an example cannot be used on 90 level gear, as their maximum is rank 7. More here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10814/

3) Accessories, I noticed that Amethyst belt and Ocean Depth monster are craftable by Goldsmith and it crashed the prices, I guess I should hop in and go for the change ?
    Prices are "crashed" because these now drop frequently from Season 2 battles. I think it's worth paying little extra for a 3*, which is randomly obtainable from Neamhain, as getting Season 3 accessories is huge difference price wise.

Earrings - rare from Eochaid (aka Ebola)
    Belt - rare from Abomination
    Ring - rare from Dullahan
    In KR there is a new raid that also drops rare for ring with same stats, but different name, for the Ring set.

5) I was Searching for Neanhaim raid... where is it ? Need to finish S3C2E2 to unlock it (currently doing it) ?
    Finish stories before Donegal content. "Sea of Reflection" battle is accessible from a reaper in Berbhe. You'll find him during prequisite story.
    I am working on a big project related to this topic. Stay tuned!

6) Ein Lacher, how important are they for stats ?
    The enemies have the same critical and critical resistance stats as their regular counterpart. BAL and ATK SPD same as always. ATk/DEF is irrelevant. ADD DMG is disabled.

7) I heard about special battles... Where are they ? xD
    In Quick Battle window, I guess. I never do them though.

8) Any up to date Gear database around ?
    What are You looking for exactly? Check out http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/categories/battle-quests , I write (hopefully) useful threads there every now and then.

9) We can enchant up to +20... What do people expect for enhancement right now ? My +11 feels shy xD. Do stuff start to break brom +8 and reset at +6 still ?
    See here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10979/

10) Last one, where do enchants drops, what are the ''worth to do'' Raids etc for Gold/Gear etc.
    "Purple" scrolls pre-S3 content. "Orange" S3 raids. Do all raids for a chance of obtaining scrolls.
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    edited September 6, 2017
    Thanks for all the answers, it clarifies ALOT of stuff.

My technique is at 191 and I got 1650 Additionnal dmg for now. The free gear is (almost fully) enchanted and enhanced to +10.

From what I understand : I must finish the storyline ASAP to get that EXP chunk to unlock stuff and reach 95.

I must keep my OJ Regina +11 and use the new rune to try to reach +12 once I get the fund to dump into enhancement and it will be the most important boost. From what I understand +12 should be good enough while +15 will be hard and very expensive.

I will change one Ring and my Belt since it's cheap and I don'T have enchants on those yet. (I have an event announcement ring)

It's not that bad, except I have to get used to the Power and Technique Requirement for Dullahan, meh.