[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it normal

misakamisakamisakamisaka
Vindictus Rep: 1,685
edited August 23, 2017 in General Discussion
To use 70-80 intermediate element stones on a levle 95 weapon to get +2 crit/bal???? Either I'm just really unlucky or they changed the rates or something. If I was infusing an accessory I'd be like, "okay I was expecting that" but a weapon?? wut

1. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?19 votes
    1. Yes :c
       58% (11 votes)
    2. Nopeee
       42% (8 votes)

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    To use 70-80 intermediate element stones on a levle 95
    ? Element Stones are for 60-80, Intermediate 81-110 according to description.
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    edited August 24, 2017
    I can't speak on the difference between weapon and accessory infusions, but I personally used over 120 stones on my old CMA to try and get +2bal before I raged and bought a new frozen ring with +2 balance already infused on it.

However, are you infusing in intervals? Infusing has a cycle of stats it transitions through as far as I know, so if you're constantly getting bad rolls (5-6 in a row) stop for a few minutes, go do a raid or something and come back. Once you hit a good roll such as crit/bal/ats/etc, try and infuse something else while that cycle is still in place. I managed to hit this cycle and got +2 crit on my Cry, and +1 ats on my sword within 6 stones before it went back to junk rolls.
  • EffectEffect
    SirRFI wrote: »

I think he meant quantity, not level range :P
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Bad RNG is bad RNG. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    SirRFI wrote: »

70-80 as in quantity.

And ah never knew about that cycle thing. I'll try that next time, I was infusing in a row :/
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    RNG
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Effect wrote: »
    Infusing has a cycle of stats it transitions through

Is that a fact? (If it is where did you get it) Or is it just your experience and opinion?

• ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    I used to get the stats I wanted pretty fast before (14 stones for cry, 2 for belt and weapon)
    But with this new ring I wasted over 30 stones and the best thing I get is -2 balance twice.
  • AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I know many folks including myself where it took over 200 to get +2crit on our weapons.

Infusion is the last thing to burn money on. And honestly every time I make an infused item, it turns out it would have just been cheaper to just buy it.

• EffectEffect
    Effect wrote: »
    Infusing has a cycle of stats it transitions through

Is that a fact? (If it is where did you get it) Or is it just your experience and opinion?

I've heard it from several people and when attempting it myself it seemed to be true. You'd get the same 3-4 junk rolls nonstop and after a minute or so, those rolls would change in variety. Once I got a good roll, I spammed other accessories and a couple different good rolls would pop in just a couple stones. Whether it's absolutely true or not I don't know, but it doesn't seem to hurt to go about that mindset.