[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Revived Weapons and Enhancing

YulaYula
Vindictus Rep: 520
in Suggestions and Feedback
So we have the reviving a broken weapon system for quite a long time now but with the most recent update (I think? I quit for a while) the ability to restore was kept while the ability to enhance the already untradeable weapon has been removed! What are we supposed to do with such a weapon, drop it or npc it? Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea?
Rezi

Comments

• CascadeRangeCascadeRange
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Even if we got a penalty for restoring a piece of equipment multiple times (preferably a higher AP cost), I don't think anyone would dislike the idea.
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    It was removed because of +20 so everyone doesn't blow up their weapons, because let's face it +20 is not possible.

I like this system better anyway.

Also a penalty which lets you revive and enhance as much as you want in exchange for higher ap cost? No thanks. If they add that then bet your ass they will nerf the enhance rates even further.
  • RajivrocksRajivrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    I don't agree at all with KenshinX, if you want to blow up your weapon its your choice, they shouldn't have limited our options like this. getting to +14 is already HELLA hard I think there is only 1 person on EU with a +14 Dullahan weapon. so for god sake restore the old enhancing system.
    YulaRezi
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Rajivrocks wrote: »
    I don't agree at all with KenshinX, if you want to blow up your weapon its your choice, they shouldn't have limited our options like this. getting to +14 is already HELLA hard I think there is only 1 person on EU with a +14 Dullahan weapon. so for god sake restore the old enhancing system.

Don't get me wrong, if they remove +20 and go back to max +15 then sure. But I'm not having the old enhance and revive system with +20 as max enhance level.
  • YulaYula
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    KenshinX wrote: »
    Rajivrocks wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, if they remove +20 and go back to max +15 then sure. But I'm not having the old enhance and revive system with +20 as max enhance level.

What if the old system was only applied to +15 and the new system for 15+? There are more stuff that shocked me though. I have +13 and +14 lvl 80 weapons and when I tried to get them higher I was getting a message like "only rare items can go beyond +13" something like that.

Were there detailed patch notes informing us before hand? (Again, I haven't played in a while and already destroyed a righteous judgement +11 weapon that I'm now stuck with).

The point is we already lose a lot when a weapon breaks but now you can't even re-enhance it so we're stuck with the weapon forever unless we
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Everything that isn't of "Rare" quality (Rare being fully orange) was changed so that the max enhancement rank it could reach post-rise was +12. You may have also noticed that you cannot enhance a +12 90 weapon that only has an orange main essence unless everything else is also orange.