[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Power infusion nerfs?

AnnerAnner
Vindictus Rep: 1,935
edited August 5, 2017 in General Discussion
Before this patch, infusion was easier on items that already had the stat you were after. For example, infusing a Fomorian Book or Blue Kitty Brooch with critical was relatively easy.

However, just now I spent 100 stones on a Blue Kitty Brooch and I never got my desired +2 crit infusion. I rolled +1 crit resistance twice, +2 balance once, +168 m.att once, and -2 critical once.but never +2 critical. Am I just incredibly unlucky or were the rates drastically reduced?

Comments

• HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited August 6, 2017
    200 stones on dulla armor. Got -31 def infusion 15 times. Got +def zero times. Just luck if you ask me.
  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    80 stones on a thorn ring (2xbal+2, attack speed +1 , crit resist +1 , 2x - 2bal ,8x hp +10 and many will +3 -3 and the other ones)
    P.S. the balance i got after 28-30 stones.
    And got error 404 Crit +2 (Not Found)
    KingRichRice
  • AltagonAltagon
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Noticed the same thing but like people said, maybe Videk is just stupid to everyone at some point http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/11054/infusion-post-rise

inb4 the rates of good infusions were "drastically increased" the same way droprate of purples was "drastically increased"
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Previously had expected natural stats to land within 15 stones in most cases pre-RISE. With this in mind, about 5% of my items exceeded the 20 stone marker (one being White Kitty Brooch).
    Post-RISE, the two items I tried infusing were disasters; over 35 stones were used on the Cry with no positive, and about 45-55 stones were used on a Thorn for Bal.
    Just the cycle of RNG? You never know.
  • AquamakeeshaAquamakeesha
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    RNG for infusion is rolled every minute, not every infusion. If you don't mind spending the extra time, only do 1-3 infusions on your piece every minute. No point in wasting infusions on a bad roll. That said, whenever there's a new update with new gear and/or scrolls being added, a lot of people in NA always seem to have 'rotten luck' the first week (not just vindictus, throughout Nexon NA's games). Try waiting out the minutes after next maint when nexon puts rng rolls where they should be.
  • AnnerAnner
    edited August 7, 2017
    Altagon wrote: »
    Noticed the same thing but like people said, maybe Videk is just stupid to everyone at some point http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/11054/infusion-post-rise

inb4 the rates of good infusions were "drastically increased" the same way droprate of purples was "drastically increased"

I didn't actually see your post beforehand, apologies for piggybacking off of you. I normally buy pre-infused stuff, but infuse my own things when they're "easy" to infuse, so this really caught me off guard.
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Meanwhile I'm on my third +2 crit Innocent Cry using no more than 15 stones
  • AnnerAnner
    KenshinX wrote: »

This is pretty relieving to hear honestly. I hope I just had a very bad streak of luck.
  • AltagonAltagon
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Anner wrote: »
    I didn't actually see your post beforehand, apologies for piggybacking off of you. I normally buy pre-infused stuff, but infuse my own things when they're "easy" to infuse, so this really caught me off guard.

No worries, just wanted to bring in a few others' responses to the infusion situation.
    Anner wrote: »
    KenshinX wrote: »

This is pretty relieving to hear honestly. I hope I just had a very bad streak of luck.

Yeah, I would honestly rather it be a personal bad-luck streak than a global ninja patch (like the droprate of purples which I don't think even KR has fixed yet +cold)
    At this point though, I wouldn't even be surprised, given the introduction of the new infusion runes ._.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Easy on items with the stat on it already means 50 stones on average. Nothing was nerfed, you just got unlucky and Blue Kitty Brooch is annoying to infuse because there is also def on it.
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    I think the rate is nerfed because I did try infusing post RISE on my blue kitty brooch, I spent 80 stones and not even -2 crit infusion popped once, and you can search my comment on it on Discord. It was around the week RISE was launched.

Also, pre-RISE, I only spent about 25 stones for my +2 crit infusion and +2 balance on both my earrings and belt
  • RainbootsRainboots
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    It's probably just bad rolls.

I rolled +2 balance on a woeful belt in 2 stones, but I've dumped around 40 stones on armours to get defense and still haven't gotten them.
  • AnnerAnner
    Rainboots wrote: »
    It's probably just bad rolls.

I rolled +2 balance on a woeful belt in 2 stones, but I've dumped around 40 stones on armours to get defense and still haven't gotten them.

It's a possibility. I'm thinking they did decrease the chances of crit, for the simple fact that I actually rolled balance during my attempts too.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Idk, it's weird rn cause I managed +2 crit on one Grim Belt and +2 bal on another? But I can't get anything for my Innocent Cry or Tear :/
  • MotherlyMotherly
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited October 12, 2017
    I got +2 crit on my innocent cry and +2 bal* on woeful both with 2nd tries o.o' (new to infusing XD) tried with wep too and got -2 bal and cried inside but got that removed asap >.< to att +130 so idk
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 12, 2017
    Nice necro, dude.
    misakamisaka