[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

strange difficulty spike for new players

hovsephovsep
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited July 20, 2017 in General Discussion
everyone prolly alrdy knows that the bosses got super easy after the rise update.....until u reach season 2 wich for some reason even the normal bosses beggining bosses were stronger than the god of time dragon and i mean ALOT stronger

yes yes this is the intended difficulty but im looking at it from a new player perspective seems kinda weird that season 1 brings you on a trip and then all of a sudden u get stomped on the nutsack and thrown in a ditch.

Comments

• HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    all part of the well thought out and flawlessly constructed rise update
    DokkunFlufffyParrot
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited July 20, 2017
    it's mainly due to the game being poorly populated at this stage, the old lvl'ing was very hard for a total new player.

The concept is to make S1 much smoother even you don't have any company. but starting from S2 you should be able to find some boats and join them

edit : in the worst situation u could always ask ppl around to help u doing s2 quests.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Season 2 always was difficulty spike, no matter the update. Now it's easier, and as far I recall from KR patch notes (translated by CUBE) - they are getting nerfed anyway.
    In my opinion they should buff pre-S3 content (especially S1), so the S3 spike isn't that big - currently players are literally being held by hand until S3. If the difficulty increases gradually, players should be ready to face current reality more easily, rather than go on deep water from baby pool.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    S1 = tutorial
    S2 = normal difficulty
    S3 = hard mode until you get the right gears (no, not the +10 giveaway set).
  • LedeLede
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    The difficulty seems pretty fair to me. Not a lot do S1 raids so they made it easier for you to solo without any help. If you want to practice and get used to boss patterns, there's always ein lacher. New players only gonna run S1 and S2 dungeons one time only for their story quest at the beginning anyway. It's not like they're gonna practice the boss patterns since their priority is capping their lv first. I started a new char (that I haven't played before) without any gear from S1 to S2 storyline. S2 is harder than S1, but it seemed pretty fair and I was able to get a party easily.